Friday, March 4, 2016

Weekend Review #3: The Thought of Ankles.

Its been awhile...I'm sorry, the last 2 weeks have been busy for me. I published a pattern and am working hard on my pattern book. I am participating in an online craft sale called  "Open Sale" on google plus, March 6th- 8th, which means I needed to get some things in my shop!

I digress, but I will answer the big question. I have been knitting, and I have knitted ALOT! You guys might be excited to hear that I am going to launch a few new patterns in the near future! ( these also are the things I have been mostly knitting on)


The fist pattern I have already published, is the Dips and Hackle Hat. I love how the yarn worked up and the pattern. I was scared the decreases would pull the lace together, making it scrunch, but it did not! I am so happy with it and hoping others might actually download it...












The Second pattern ( I dont know the name for it yet, if you have any ideas, I will create a thread on the Ravelry group )is a shawl knitted out of worsted weight yarn.  Sorry the picture is not perfect, but you can see the basics. It is a triangle shawl, with increases on the sides and center. You can see that it has a gradual color change. I think that that is as far as the grey is going, then i will do the same gradual change into mint green, Do you think that is a good color to add? Then to end it I will either do a lace border or an applied border, I can not decide.




I am also working on a sock recipe. I know in my first weekend recap, I said my socks are not working out. I am so happy to announce that, that fear and frustration is gone and socks are my new favorite garment to knit. I am going to name the recipe, "The Thought of Ankles", because they are ankle socks! Think about it guys, in the knitting community ankle socks are so underrated. I could not find a good pattern to use. So i made up my own and they fit perfectly.
I dont have a good picture, but i will update this tomorrow and post one.

Thanks guys and remember to check out the Ravelry group, and subscribe to this blog.

Ethan




No comments:

Post a Comment